Visit Sri Lanka
- There was an error sending a request to join group.Thanks, your join request has been sent to the Group admins.An unknown error occured. Please try again.Thanks, your report has been sent to hi5 Safety.
Situated in South Asia, an island in the Indian ocean. Also known as the pearl of Indian ocean. Length-424 km and width- 242 km. Area is 65610 sqkm and the coastal beach is 1600 km. Population is around 20 million. The time difference to Europe is 4 and a half hrs.The history of Sri Lanka goes back to 2600 yrs. Today the main ethnic groups are Sinhalese, Tamils, Muslims, Burgers and Vaddhas.The main languages spoken are Sinhala Tamil and English while the main religions are Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. More than 104 rivers are there in Sri Lanka. The annual rain fall is around 6000mm. Main crops cultivated are Tea, Coconut, Paddy and Rubber. The famous tropical fruits such as Mangoes, Pineapples, Bananas are harvested throughout the year. Sri Lanka is famous worldwide for tourist industry over 60 yrs which is rich in numerous tourist attracting spots.
|Topic||Posts||Last Post||Started by|
Sri Lankan elephants ( Eliphasmaximusmaximus) is a sub spec…
An ancient rock temple situated in Dambulla. The way is a c…
The last kingdom of Sri lanka. (14th AD to 16th AD) situate…
Group Member Levels
- Creator Created this group
- Admin Admins this group
- Master 1,000 Posts and 1,000 Likes
- Advanced 250 Posts and 250 Likes
- Intermediate 100 Posts and 100 Likes
- Beginner 10 Posts and 10 Likes
- Newbie 0 Posts and 0 Likes